- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Paris Hilton marijuana charges dropped in S. Africa
Question of the Day
The authorities dropped the charges against Hilton, after her co-accused, Jennifer Rovero, “acknowledged to be in possession of cannabis, and pleaded guilty,” said Brig. Sally De Beer, a spokeswoman for South African police.
Rovero, 31, from New York, was sentenced to a fine of 1000 rand ($130) or 30 days imprisonment, De Beer said.
A publicist for Hilton said the incident was a “misunderstanding.”
“However I can confirm that the incident was a complete misunderstanding and it was actually another person in the group who did it,” the statement said. “The case has been dropped against Paris and no charges will be made.”
When told the case had been dropped, Hilton said “thank you” and left the courtroom.
Hilton wrote on Twitter later: “Hey guys, there’s a lot of crazy rumors going around. Just want you all to know the truth. Everything is completely fine. I was not charged or arrested, cause I didn’t do anything.”
She said she was helping police with their investigation.
The socialite was wearing an off-white sleeveless blouse in court. Her hair was in pigtails and she had heavy black eyeliner.
The officers spoke on condition of anonymity, since they were not authorized to release Hilton’s name before she appeared in court.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world