- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Dennis Hopper’s estate in SoCal to go on sale
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Dennis Hopper’s sprawling estate in Venice, Calif., is going on sale this Friday for about $6.2 million.
The property, where Hopper lived for more than 20 years, is located a few blocks from the Pacific and spans 15,550 square feet over five land parcels.
It is comprised of several structures, including the late actor’s 4,900 square-foot corrugated-steel house designed by architect Brian Murphy and three townhouses designed by Frank Gehry that Hopper used as office space and family residences.
Listing agent Jane Gavens of Coldwell Banker Previews says buyers also have the option to separately purchase the main residence, which was designed to be a showcase for the actor’s art and photography.
The “Easy Rider” star died May 29 at age 74 after battling cancer.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again