- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Terror ties of the Muslim Students Association
In May, there was an interesting and disturbing exchange between members of the MSA and writer David Horowitz at the University of California at San Diego. (It was caught on tape and can be viewed online.) Mr. Horowitz was there to counter the MSA’s Israeli Apartheid Week. Given that the MSA members at such rallies have a tendency to display signs that are favorable to Adolf Hitler and Nazism, it’s no wonder Mr. Horowitz felt the need to hold a counterpoint discussion.
During his speech, a Muslim woman wearing a kafiya stood up and challenged the assertions of ties between the MSA and al Qaeda, Hezbollah and other terrorist groups. Mr. Horowitz asked her if she would denounce Hamas, which she refused to do. Next he asked her whether she was for or against Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah’s statement that all Jews should gather in Israel so they would be easier for Hezbollah to hunt down, and she answered, “For it.”
What is going on on our college and university campuses? How can any school or the media remain silent in the face of this sort of event? Is our government aware of the danger posed by the MSA, which serves as a potential fifth column of anti-Semitic, genocidal and terrorist support? If so, what does it plan to do about it?
Royal Oak, Mich.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House