- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Terror ties of the Muslim Students Association
Question of the Day
In May, there was an interesting and disturbing exchange between members of the MSA and writer David Horowitz at the University of California at San Diego. (It was caught on tape and can be viewed online.) Mr. Horowitz was there to counter the MSA’s Israeli Apartheid Week. Given that the MSA members at such rallies have a tendency to display signs that are favorable to Adolf Hitler and Nazism, it’s no wonder Mr. Horowitz felt the need to hold a counterpoint discussion.
During his speech, a Muslim woman wearing a kafiya stood up and challenged the assertions of ties between the MSA and al Qaeda, Hezbollah and other terrorist groups. Mr. Horowitz asked her if she would denounce Hamas, which she refused to do. Next he asked her whether she was for or against Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah’s statement that all Jews should gather in Israel so they would be easier for Hezbollah to hunt down, and she answered, “For it.”
What is going on on our college and university campuses? How can any school or the media remain silent in the face of this sort of event? Is our government aware of the danger posed by the MSA, which serves as a potential fifth column of anti-Semitic, genocidal and terrorist support? If so, what does it plan to do about it?
Royal Oak, Mich.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'