- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
Will Ferrell launches Comic-Con with laughs
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Will Ferrell kicked off Comic-Con in costume.
The funnyman stepped onto the pop-culture convention’s stage Thursday decked out as his villainous animated character from the upcoming Dreamworks superhero tale “Megamind.”
Ferrell, donning blue facepaint and a bulbous helmet, also brought breakfast for the attendees, which numbered more than 6,000: a box of doughnuts and a jug of orange juice.
“I didn’t think there would be so many of you,” Ferrell joked.
Ferrell was joined by his costumeless co-stars Tina Fey and Jonah Hill, who respectively play a perky reporter and nerdy cameraman caught in the middle of a battle between a superhero and supervillain.
When asked to name his real-life arch rival, Hill teased that Mel Gibon’s ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva was his nemesis.
“I just want to come out and officially support Mel,” Hill deadpanned.
Brad Pitt, who plays the muscle-bound protagonist in “Megamind,” was also in attendance _ albeit in cardboard cutout form.
“Megamind” director Tom McGrath joked that Pitt’s partner, Angelina Jolie, was appearing on the Comic-Con stage later Thursday to promote her action-thriller “Salt,” so “someone had to watch the kids.”
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Obama pressed on Sudanese mother's case, facing death sentence over Christian faith
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq