- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
Evanovich switches publishers, signs 4-book deal
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Here’s a publishing plot twist: One of the book world’s top moneymakers, Janet Evanovich, has switched literary homes.
“I started my career as a Bantam author, and I’m very excited to be returning,” Evanovich, 67, said in a statement. “Their sales, distribution, and marketing make them the perfect partner for me and my work. Load up the U-Haul; break out the pizza and the beer _ it’s moving day.”
St. Martin's publisher Matthew Shear said in a statement: “We’ve had a good relationship and I truly am sorry that we’re unable to come to terms. But it’s a negotiation like anything else and it didn’t work. And I hope it works well for her elsewhere.”
Financial terms were not disclosed, although Evanovich’s book deal is likely worth tens of millions of dollars.
Evanovich’s books have sold more than 75 million copies worldwide.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs