- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Puerto Rico Islanders top LA Galaxy in CONCACAF
CARSON, CALIF. (AP) - Nicolas Addlery scored two goals to lead the Puerto Rico Islanders to a 4-1 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy in the preliminary round of the CONCACAF Champions' League on Tuesday night.
The winner of the two-game series, determined by overall goals scored, will advance to the group stage. The second game will take place August 4 in San Juan.
Foley gave Puerto Rico a 1-0 lead in the 26th minute. Galaxy defender A.J. DeLaGarza headed David Horst’s 14-yard header off Hansen’s corner kick away from the net, but Foley converted the loose ball from 2 yards.
Horst kept Los Angeles from scoring the tying goal in the 31st minute by clearing Sean Franklin’s 8-yard shot away from an open net.
Addlery made it 2-0 in the 45th minute with an 8-yard shot off Galaxy goalkeeper Josh Saunders’ hand.
Martinez deflected Edson Buddle’s shot into his own net in the 83rd minute.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again