- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Puerto Rico Islanders top LA Galaxy in CONCACAF
Question of the Day
CARSON, CALIF. (AP) - Nicolas Addlery scored two goals to lead the Puerto Rico Islanders to a 4-1 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy in the preliminary round of the CONCACAF Champions’ League on Tuesday night.
Islanders goalkeeper Bill Gaudette, who played for the Columbus Crew during the 2005-06 season, made seven saves.
The winner of the two-game series, determined by overall goals scored, will advance to the group stage. The second game will take place August 4 in San Juan.
Foley gave Puerto Rico a 1-0 lead in the 26th minute. Galaxy defender A.J. DeLaGarza headed David Horst’s 14-yard header off Hansen’s corner kick away from the net, but Foley converted the loose ball from 2 yards.
Horst kept Los Angeles from scoring the tying goal in the 31st minute by clearing Sean Franklin’s 8-yard shot away from an open net.
Addlery made it 2-0 in the 45th minute with an 8-yard shot off Galaxy goalkeeper Josh Saunders’ hand.
Martinez deflected Edson Buddle’s shot into his own net in the 83rd minute.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors