- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Bruins’ Wheeler signs 1-year, $2.2 million deal
His agent Matt Keator said the deal is worth $2.2 million, the amount of an arbitrator’s award given after a hearing on Tuesday.
“The decision came in the range we expected,” Keator said. “There were no winners or losers in this case.”
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said in a statement announcing the deal, “It is never a pleasant experience for either side to go to arbitration. However, as a manager, you know that the player will be under contract for the following year either way.”
In two seasons with Boston, Wheeler has 39 goals and 44 assists in the regular season but just one goal and five assists in 21 postseason games. He was one of two players to participate in all 82 regular-season games for the Bruins last season and finished with 18 goals and 20 assists.
Wheeler said he was “anxious” going into the hearing.
“It was handled extremely professionally,” he said. “I was really happy to be through with that part of the process.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.