- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s Constitution-trampling precedent
Question of the Day
The decision from federal Judge (and Bill Clinton appointee) Susan Bolton to block important parts of the Arizona immigration law is certainly no surprise (“Feds win round 1 against Arizona,” Page 1, Thursday paper).
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.’s Justice Department probably either shopped around for or made sure the case was assigned to a ideologically compliant judge. Unfortunately, we have reached a point in this country’s history where judicial decisions have less to do with the law and more to do with political ideology. It is now possible to predict judicial outcomes by simply looking at who appointed the judges,whether they are federal or state appointees.
Ellicott City, Md.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives