- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Dolphins QB White returns to practice
DAVIE, FLA. (AP) - Miami Dolphins reserve quarterback Pat White was back at practice after a one-day absence he blamed on “personal issues.”
White took part in both practices Saturday after missing the first day of training camp Friday because of an excused absence.
“I’m having personal issues,” he said. “They’ve been handled. I’m happy to be back out here, thankful I have people around me that care about people in general.”
White declined to elaborate.
He played sparingly as a reserve last season, and in the final game was carted off the field with a concussion following a chilling helmet-to-helmet collision with Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor. White also suffered a concussion as a senior at West Virginia.
When asked if he had reservations about playing this season, White said: “I love the game of football. I always will. I always have.”
A second-round draft choice in 2009, White is one of four quarterbacks in camp and battling for a spot on the roster. Also competing for backup jobs behind Chad Henne are Tyler Thigpen and Chad Pennington.
Coach Tony Sparano said the team was supportive of White’s situation.
“We were dealing with some personal health issues with him that we wanted to get checked out,” Sparano said. “We did. We were all satisfied and had him back out on the field today, so everything is good, and he’s ready to go.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.