- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
GOP’s Paul OK with border fence
FRANKFORT | Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Rand Paul once opposed building a fence along the U.S.-Mexico border because it would remind people of the Berlin Wall, but now he says he would support it if that’s what it takes to stop illegal immigrants from sneaking across.
Last year, Mr. Paul said he preferred an electronic fence that would signal authorities when people tried to cross because he didn’t like the symbolism of an actual fence.
But Mr. Paul said in a statement Tuesday that the U.S. “must” put up a fence, whether electronic, physical or a combination.
Mr. Paul, the “tea party”-backed candidate, also repeated his call to stop granting citizenship to children of illegal immigrants.
Obama announces speech on economy
LAS VEGAS | The White House said President Obama has added a second day to his visit to Las Vegas this week, and will deliver a major speech on the economy at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas.
The president’s invitation-only appearance Friday at the UNLV Student Union will come a day after he is hosted by Senate Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid during a campaign rally at the Aria Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip. Nevada now has the highest unemployment rate among the states, according to new federal data.
The Democratic senator’s campaign has e-mailed invitations to supporters for the Thursday event.
Despite his clout in Washington, Mr. Reid has become a top target for Republicans in the November elections, and faces a tough challenge from GOP nominee Sharron Angle in his bid for a fifth term in the Senate.
FBI agent: Blagojevich denied jobs-cash link
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq