- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Question of the Day
Miss Fagan said the flight’s pilot then checked whether any off-duty airline pilots were on board. A flight attendant told the captain that she is a commercial pilot and he asked her to fill in as a first officer.
The plane landed safely.
Officials said the first officer’s condition was not serious. He was treated at a local hospital and released.
Biker killed in shootout
OLD ORCHARD BEACH — A Maine man was killed in a shootout with federal agents during a seven-state sweep of the Outlaws motorcycle gang.
More than two dozen Outlaws gang members across the country were charged Tuesday in Virginia with participating in a criminal enterprise that engaged in racketeering, drug dealing, gambling and witness tampering.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said someone opened fire while agents were serving a warrant Tuesday morning in Old Orchard Beach.
The medical examiner’s office confirmed that Thomas Mayne , 59, was killed. Authorities say a shotgun and a handgun were discovered inside the house after the shooting. No one else was hurt.
Portrait of Poe doesn’t sell
BALTIMORE — A rare portrait of Edgar Allan Poe has failed to sell at auction.
The small watercolor by A.C. Smith is one of just three surviving portraits of the author and the only one that shows him as a writer. Poe looks robust and lacks the mustache that’s familiar from a series of daguerreotypes taken in the final years of his life.
The portrait went on sale Friday at Cowan’s Auctions in Cincinnati. The minimum bid was $15,000, but no buyers emerged.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq