- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Kagan poses danger to the unborn
Question of the Day
U.S. Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan believes that the infamous Roe v. Wade decision is “settled law.” In other words, if Ms. Kagan were to get her way, there would be no changes made to the 1973 decision, which legalized abortion throughout all nine months of pregnancy.
Ms. Kagan is exactly what liberals were hoping for, and Planned Parenthood is elated. The Rev. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, points out that technology (such as ultrasound) has provided the much-needed information to overturn Roe v. Wade. We now know what an unborn baby looks like at its earliest stages, and there should be no doubt that life does, in fact, start at conception.
While abortion may be “settled law” for Ms. Kagan, anyone with an open mind should be able to see that an unborn baby has his or her own body - and it is entirely separate from his or her mother’s.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'