- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
Continental introduces fuel-saving, all-season ProContact with EcoPlus technology
Question of the Day
FORT MILL, SC | Continental Tire introduces its most innovative new tire line to-date, the ProContact with EcoPlus Technology. This premium all-season tire was developed to deliver improved fuel economy and treadwear, reduce harmful CO2 emissions and surpass the competition. What’s even more impressive is that this tire provides these benefits without sacrificing performance, especially wet braking.
“Today’s consumer is very interested in how to save money and be more energy and environmentally friendly,” said Bill Caldwell, vice president of sales and marketing, Continental Tire. “Our objective was to create a tire that responds to this need without compromising other performances, like wet braking and mileage, that are the typical tradeoffs of other ‘eco’ tires. Our technical team has managed to overcome these tradeoffs, and the result of their efforts is the new ProContact with EcoPlus Technology.”
Engineered using the industry’s most advanced technologies, the ProContact with EcoPlus Technology goes beyond other premium touring tires and makes groundbreaking advances in rolling resistance, which saves fuel and helps reduce driving costs.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that each gallon of gas saved also means that 19.4 fewer pounds of toxic CO2 emissions are released into the Earth’s atmosphere, so every gallon of gasoline saved helps reduce fuel costs, and in turn, helps to reduce our nation’s dependence on oil.
Continental is committed to finding “real world” environmental solutions, and not all tires are created equal in this regard, Caldwell added. For example, fuel efficiency can vary by as much as 50 percent - for just one vehicle type. The ProContact with EcoPlus Technology is engineered to provide better mileage and braking, while reducing emissions. The hallmark of the ProContact with EcoPlus Technology is delivering greater fuel economy compared to a leading competitor’s standard touring tire. In the past, reducing rolling resistance meant sacrificing wet traction and treadwear. Not so with the ProContact with EcoPlus Technology - Continental engineers have been able to deliver wet traction and lowered rolling resistance - without compromising either characteristic. The ProContact with EcoPlus Technology is built to deliver excellent wet traction and remarkable treadwear. In fact, the ProContact with EcoPlus Technology has proven to deliver more controlled braking and significantly shorter stopping distances.
EcoPlus Technology consists of two main components, Tg-F Polymers and Plus Silane. The Tg-F polymers are temperature-activated functional polymers that increase compound bonding, improving the wear and fuel efficiency of the tire. The second component of the EcoPlus Technology is called +Silane, an additive that works to enhance the tire’s grip on slippery roads to reduce stopping distances. These technologies work together to enhance the driving experience for a long tire life when conditions are normal, plus provide excellent wet braking on slippery roads.
The ProContact with EcoPlus Technology is backed by some of the strongest warranty programs and service contracts in the industry, including a 72-Month Manufacturer’s Workmanship Warranty - with 12 Months Free Replacement; 12 months of Road Hazard Coverage and a 60-day Customer Satisfaction Warranty.
The ProContact with EcoPlus Technology comes with a segment-leading 80,000-mile limited tread wear warranty. Available in a T-speed rating with a UTQG rating of 600 AB, this tire is available in a variety of 15” to 18” sizes to fit a wide range of vehicles for fuel-conscious consumers.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Trump-Carson a 2016 dream ticket
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama fundraises as the world burns
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No U.S. support for Christian peril
- EDITORIAL: Gun-shy Obama
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq