- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Emanuel links fall elections to GOP support of BP
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) -- White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel warned Sunday about what might happen if Republicans -- who have defended BP over the Gulf oil spill -- were to run Congress after the fall election.
Mr. Emanuel said the GOP philosophy is to paint BP as the victim. He said Mr. Obama will make clear to voters the fundamental differences in how each party would govern.
Mr. Emanuel told ABC's "This Week" it would be "dangerous" if the GOP held power in Washington.
He said GOP lawmakers and candidates are attacking the administration for demanding that BP set up a $20 billion compensation fund.
Last week, Rep. Joe L. Barton, Texas Republican, apologized to BP for what he called a White House "shakedown." Mr. Barton later stepped back from those remarks.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq