- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: O-blah-blah-blah-ma’s green-energy crusad
Question of the Day
President Obama’s Oval Office address to the nation was little more than what has become meaningless “O-blah, blah, blah-ma” talk — this time promoting the administration’s, “Never let a crisis go to waste” mantra to further his economy-busting green energy plan by telling us to alter our ways. Yet, he is exacerbating the Gulf oil leak crisis.
Obama said nothing about waiving the Jones Act to attract all the outside help we can get to clean up and control the BP oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. And nothing was said about using the underground nuclear option the Russians have used to seal similar uncontrolled gushers. The intention appears to be demonize BP and big oil, while riding-out the growing calamity on environmental rhetoric, and saddling the nation with energy legislation and the regulatory whip of the EPA.
If the president and Congress blindly pursue green energy at the expense of suppressed domestic oil production and refineries, our reliance on imported oil — and the price of gas — will continue to increase, just as it doubled from 30 percent in 1972 to the current 60 percent. Indeed, instead of calling on the nation to alter its ways, President Obama must alter his, lest we all suffer the long-term consequences.
DANIEL B. JEFFS
Apple Valley, Ca.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy