- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
NATO, Afghan forces capture senior Taliban figure
Question of the Day
The man recently was appointed the Taliban’s finance chief in Baghlan, a northern province, NATO said. He was captured in Helmand province in the south along with two other suspected insurgents after a tip that he was staying in a compound in Nah-e Saraj district.
Dr. Azizullah Safari was walking up to his second-floor clinic when a bomb exploded under the stairwell, said Muhbobullah Sayedi, a spokesman for the governor of Kunduz province.
Two NATO service members died in attacks in the south — one Tuesday and one late Monday night, NATO forces said in statements. The international military coalition did not provide the nationalities or any other details. However, a U.S. military spokesman said neither was American.
The death brings to at least 66 the number of foreign soldiers killed in Afghanistan this month. Ten of them died Monday, including three Australians and an American killed in a helicopter crash in Kandahar province.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world