- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The law stands up to the Obama moratorium
The ludicrous, arbitrary and wasteful drilling moratorium imposed by the Obama administration has been blocked by a judge (“Judge lifts deep-water oil-drilling moratorium“) who has sided with drilling interests in the Gulf of Mexico.
From the get-go, the Obama administration has engaged in a foolish and rash overreaction against BP and oil industry firms relative to the tragic explosion and destruction of the Deepwater Horizon. The six month ban on drilling in the deeper Gulf waters would have only added insult to injury in the disaster that has stricken the Gulf community. Precious oil production and jobs would have been sacrificed by the ill-timed and foolish drilling ban imposed by Obama and his administration. This president has a penchant for rash and incredulous decisions. He preys with disdain on private corporations, and undermines the employment of the very people who stand to suffer from the devastation that recently hit the Gulf of Mexico when the BP chartered rig exploded killing eleven, and covering the entire surrounding area with a blanket of crude oil.
Rather than prudently proceeding with oil drilling operations, while subjecting these operations to non intrusive inspections, the Obama administration decided in its infinite wisdom to entirely shut down a large number of drilling rigs for a period of six months — a move favorably hailed by the Sierra Club and other environmental idealists who have no concern for the livelihood of the affected workers and their families, or for the permanent financial damage to the entire Gulf region.
The Obama administration intends to file an appeal of this moratorium blocking legal decision. One can only hope that the courts will stand firm in their interpretation of the law, and continue to block the illegal actions that comprise the Obama moratorium.
North Las Vegas, Nv.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- New battlefront emerges in war between Republicans, tea party
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- Budget negotiators look to federal workers for benefit concessions
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.