- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wind power, or just a lot of hot air?
With all the loony ideas for alternative energy coming out of Washington these days, benefiting well-healed corporate types and Obama crony capitalists like GE, and with T. Boone Pickens touting the efficacy of wind farms, there are real considerations and consequences.
If wind power is so effective, then why does Denmark, which the highest per-capita number of wind farms, also rely heavily on coal power to supply its electricity? The reason: the unreliability of the wind farms in providing a consistent supply of energy when you need it.
Another unaddressed issue is the potential annihilation of thousands of birds and bats, vital for our agriculture. Destruction of birds and bats would result in uncontrolled proliferation of mosquitoes and consequent resurgence of Malaria and other mosquito-borne viral diseases, especially given the fact that environmentalists would never allow DDT or other pest control chemicals to be used.
Wind farms are a bad idea, benefiting only the crony capitalists.
DR. MICHAEL EMMER
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Get Breaking Alerts
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Broncos-Chargers game ends with several stabbings
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- American missing in Iran was CIA operative who went rogue
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- KEENE: James Clapper should resign for lying to Congress