- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
BOOK REVIEW: The extremists in our midst
Question of the Day
Where is the House Committee on Un-American Activities when we need it?
For decades, the hate-America left pounded away with the unrelenting theme that all of our investigating committees and agencies that exposed the enemies within must be silenced, defanged or abolished.
“The Manchurian President: Barack Obama’s Ties to Communists, Socialists and Other Anti-American Extremists” lays bare all the reasons for the pathological zeal with which that ultimately (mostly) successful wrecking-crew operation was pursued: The probes kept pointing to step-by-step infiltration of constituencies that favored the Democratic Party.
That some of the most effective congressional efforts to ferret out traitors in our midst were conducted by Democrats only added to the fury of the militant left.
In “The Manchurian President,” we have a compendium of the result (to date) of the left’s mission - started in the 1930s, accelerated in the ‘60s and realized in the ‘70s. In the ensuing decades, those who wished our country no good forged ahead full bore, or, as one of them (a mainstream-media journalist) is quoted as saying out loud: “I’m going to bore from within.”
There is so much information in this damning indictment of the huge influence our enemies and their dupes have inflicted on government policies (and the results thereof) that a reviewer should not be surprised at having to grasp at the basics of where to begin. But here goes.
First of all, the title: Unlike the movie “The Manchurian Candidate” (1962 with Frank Sinatra and Angela Lansbury or 2004 with Denzel Washington and Jon Voight), this book does not claim Barack Obama was brainwashed into becoming an assassin for the Communist Party or a sleeper agent for an international weapons manufacturer. Rather, the real-life “Manchurian” story is “that of a powerful politician whose true past has been intentionally obscured, and who has become a vehicle for implementing a hidden radical agenda.” All of that is to be found in these pages, precisely and painstakingly documented.
As of this writing, only one official in the Obama administration has fallen victim to exposure for his potential to create mischief. But unless you had watched Glenn Beck on Fox News or followed the writings of Trevor Loudon or Cliff Kincaid, you would have awakened one morning in the midst of Labor Day weekend 2009 (when many were at the beach or some other location for an end-of-summer fling) and wondered, “Van Jones? Never heard of him.”
That is because the establishment media turned a blind eye to Mr. Jones, Mr. Obama’s “green jobs” czar, and chose to ignore information in the thick file on his past. You did not know that a self-proclaimed communist was working at the White House at a high level of policymaking. The explanation was that Mr. Jones was let go because he had signed a petition accusing President George W. Bush of “deliberately allowing 9/11 to happen.”
From that you would not have known, and in fact may be learning for the first time, thanks to the authors, the following:
c That Mr. Jones was a leader and founder of a communist revolutionary organization, STORM, describing itself as having “a commitment to the fundamental principles of Marxism-Leninism.”
c That Mr. Jones had said he “spent the next years of my life [the ‘90s] working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary.”
c That Mr. Jones had boasted to an interviewer that his current environmentalism was really a means to fight for a redistribution of wealth - or “class justice,” as he worded it. This would tend to legitimize the likening of the “environmental” movement (or “global-warming” hype) to a watermelon: green on the outside, red in the inside.
Nor would you have known that Mr. Jones “reportedly was screened by a top Obama adviser,” and (again if you relied on the establishment media) you most certainly would not have known that “crucially, Jones is just one of scores of radical White House officials with agendas that may be far different from what they are made to appear.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for