- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The dirty truth about ‘clean’ biofuels
Question of the Day
“Clean” biofuel is not clean. It is a scientific fact that using biofuel ethanol will emit more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than gasoline. I will give $1,000 and my World War II Victory Medal to anyone who can prove otherwise.
Ethanol, which has been taxpayer-subsidized for 30 years, supplied less than 8 percent of U.S. fuel needs in 2009. Biofuel cannot replace imported oil.
SELDON B. GRAHAM JR.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom