- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
NUGENT: Celebrate D-Day
Fill in the missing blanks about the price of freedom
Question of the Day
Communism, socialism, fascism and religious zealotry seek to enslave and control. These detestable forms of repressive government are the enemies of freedom. America must always stand in defiance of this repression. We must let the people of the world know that America values and cherishes freedom. The world must be reminded of D-Day.
Sixty-six years ago in the early morning of June 6, scared young freedom fighters from the Greatest Generation rushed ashore on the beaches of Normandy. Some made the ultimate sacrifice and left behind sweethearts, dads and moms, brothers and sisters. But their sacrifice saved the world.
The rows and rows of crosses at the American cemetery in Normandy serve to remind the world that freedom is never free, that there are things worth fighting and dying for.
Live to remember D-Day. Pause for a moment on this June 6 and remind yourself and your loved ones that the valiant struggle to save the world happened just 66 years ago on the far-away beaches of Normandy.
Somewhere, the current Greatest Generation is on its own Omaha Beach, ready to die in the name of good over evil. Let us teach the uneducated that such courage and warrior spirit is why there is an American dream and why the French don’t speak German.
Ted Nugent is an unstoppable American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is author of “Ted, White & Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns and Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets