- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
Man pleads guilty in arms plot
MIAMI | A Korean-American man has pleaded guilty to U.S. charges of illegally trying to broker deals for Russian military and rocket technology for South Korea.
Juhwan Yun pleaded guilty Monday in West Palm Beach federal court to trying to help South Korea obtain a rocket-propulsion system, SU-27 fighter aircraft, and parts and components for a 20 millimeter Russian gun. Trial had just begun for Yun, 69.
Yun previously was sentenced to 2½ years in federal prison for conspiring in 1989 to supply Iran with 500 quarter-ton bombs of sarin nerve gas. None of the gas was shipped to Iran.
Prosecutor: Put ex-mayor in prison
DETROIT | A prosecutor is seeking a prison term of two years to five years for former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, who violated his probation in a criminal case.
Kilpatrick will appear in court Tuesday to learn his punishment. A judge found he didn’t report all assets and failed other conditions as part of his $1 million restitution to Detroit.
Miss Worthy said the former mayor’s probation should be revoked and a receiver should be appointed to hunt for assets. She said Kilpatrick has “learned nothing” from his criminal case, in which he pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a civil lawsuit.
Driving to hospital, mom gives birth
BEMIDJI | A Minnesota mother has given birth to a baby boy while driving herself to the hospital, with the newborn’s father steering the car from the passenger’s seat.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq