- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Question of the Day
Students accused police of being overly aggressive.
‘Leaving Islam?’ bus ads cause stir
NEW YORK — The questions on the ads aren’t subtle: Leaving Islam? Fatwa on your head? Is your family threatening you?
Ads carrying those phrases are appearing on at least 30 New York City buses, paid for by a conservative activist and the organizations she leads.
The activist, Pamela Geller, said the ads are aimed at Muslims who are already contemplating leaving the faith.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority said the ads don’t violate any of its guidelines. They went up May 14 and are scheduled to come down in a couple of weeks.
Faiza Ali of the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations said they are a smoke screen for an anti-Muslim agenda.
Atheist wants ‘ISNOGOD’ plate
BISMARCK — North Dakota transportation officials have turned down a Fargo atheist’s request for a personalized license plate declaring there “ISNOGOD.”
Brian Magee said the state has allowed plates proclaiming “ILOVGOD” and other religious messages. He said North Dakota’s Department of Transportation should accept his plate application, or recall the religious plates it has already given out.
The agency is considering Mr. Magee’s request. Transportation Department policy bars license plate slogans that have obscenities, racial or ethnic slurs and offensive or sexual references.
Sleeping woman left on plane 4 hours
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world