- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Browns LB Benard collapses in locker room
Benard was sitting in a chair in front of his cubicle when he suddenly fell to the carpeted floor. Some of his teammates, who were getting dressed for practice, thought he may have been joking before linebacker Matt Roth yelled for a trainer.
Benard did not appear to lose consciousness and his eyes were open as three members of Cleveland’s training staff checked on him. He was taken to Southwest General Hospital. A hospital spokesman, who previously said Benard was released, said the player was discharged from the emergency treatment area and moved to another part of the facility.
The 25-year-old Benard, who leads the Browns with 4 1/2 sacks this season, was sitting up and appeared alert when he was wheeled out of the team’s facility on a stretcher and placed in an ambulance. He collapsed just as the 45-minute media interview period was ending.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Inside China: Why Putin's intervention in Ukraine is bad news for China
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again