- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
Giants WR Steve Smith hurts pectoral in practice
“He had trouble driving his arm after the injury, so he couldn’t continue,” Coughlin said. “I don’t have anything to tell you about him until they do all of the tests.”
Smith, who set a franchise single-season record with 107 catches last year, has made 47 for 517 yards and three touchdowns this season. He is second on the team behind Hakeem Nicks, who has 51, 653 and nine.
“We’ll just stick to the gameplan until we hear otherwise,” Nicks said.
If Smith doesn’t play, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said that the Giants would rotate players into Smith’s spot, depending on what the route is or what they are asking from the receiver. That would give more playing time to Mario Manningham and Ramses Barden.
Not having Smith would hurt though.
“He’s the most polished receiver we have,” Gilbride said. “He’s a guy who has really earned the respect of the defense to such a point that so many of the things they do are designed to stop him, and that’s what has opened opportunities elsewhere.”
In the Giants' 41-35 win over the Cowboys in Dallas on Oct. 25, Dallas played a two-deep zone and gave Smith man coverage with a safety helping out over the top in case Smith used a double move, Gilbride said.
“I think people, basically, have said it’s hard to cover him one on one inside, so people have committed other people, additional resources,” Gilbride said.
The outcome is the schemes have either opened up the Giants’ running game or increased opportunities for the others.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again