- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Browns’ Benard not practicing
Question of the Day
CLEVELAND (AP) - Browns linebacker Marcus Benard sat out practice on Friday and continues to be evaluated, one day after fainting in Cleveland’s locker room.
Benard collapsed in front of his cubicle on Thursday during the 45-minute interview period open to reporters. He underwent tests at an area hospital and continues to be evaluated, coach Eric Mangini said Friday. Benard spent about eight hours at Southwest General Hospital.
“It was just really fainting,” Mangini said.
The 25-year-old Benard made Cleveland’s roster last season as an undrafted free agent. He spent the first nine weeks last season on the practice squad, and had a breakout game when he sacked Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger twice.
He has started two games this season for the Browns (3-5), who are coming off back-to-back upsets of New Orleans and New England.
“He came in about as raw as you could get,” Mangini said. “There were times where I didn’t know if he was going to hang around because there were some things he wasn’t quite getting. But he kept working at it. Because of the way that he worked, he kept getting more and more chances.
“Coming back this year, we had him speak to the rookie class. I thought his message was powerful. He was very articulate, very comfortable with who he was and what his goals were and it’s just great to see.”
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq