- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
Nielsen: 5 million watched Palin’s TLC show
NEW YORK (AP) - Sarah Palin made TLC history.
The debut of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” the former governor’s travelogue about her home state, had just under 5 million viewers on TLC Sunday night.
The Nielsen Co. says that was the top-rated series premiere in the network’s history, besting “What Not To Wear” in 2003.
During her first episode, the ex-vice presidential candidate did some fishing and rock climbing, along with trying to keep her daughter Willow’s new boyfriend away from the girl’s room.
Nielsen says the show reached triple the audience of what TLC had been reaching in the time slot this fall. But Palin still has a way to go to beat the network’s ratings champ: the 10.6 million who watched the separation episode on “Jon & Kate Plus Eight.”
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.