- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Steelers cut kicker Jeff Reed
PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Pittsburgh Steelers have cut Jeff Reed, who began the season as one of the 10 most accurate kickers in NFL history but has been erratic all season.
Reed, the Steelers' kicker since the middle of the 2002 season, will be replaced by former Redskins and Cowboys kicker Shaun Suisham. He was worked out by the Steelers on Tuesday at Heinz Field, where Reed missed a 26-yarder against the Patriots on Sunday.
Reed missed seven of 22 attempts this season, including all four of his attempts between the 40- and 49-yard lines. He had only eight misses combined in 62 attempts during the 2008 and 2009 seasons.
Reed ranks 12th in NFL history with an 81.9 percent accuracy rate (204 of 249).
(This version CORRECTS APNewsNow. Corrects Suisham's first name)
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again