- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
- California church handing out ‘travel cash’ to illegals heading east
- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
Westbrook agrees to 2-year contract with Cardinals
Question of the Day
ORLANDO, FLA. (AP) - Right-hander Jake Westbrook decided to stay with the St. Louis Cardinals, agreeing to a two-year contract.
The 33-year-old was acquired from Cleveland on July 31 and was 4-4 with a 3.48 ERA in 12 starts for the Cardinals. Overall, he was 10-11 with a 4.22 ERA for the Cardinals and Indians.
A 2004 AL All-Star, Westbrook has a 73-75 career record with a 4.29 ERA in 10 major league seasons. He pitched three games for the New York Yankees as a rookie in 2000, then spent his entire career with Cleveland before this year's trade.
His new contract, announced Tuesday at the general managers' meetings, includes a mutual option for 2013.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs