- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
3 Kent St. athletes face disorderly conduct counts
KENT, OHIO (AP) - Three Kent State University basketball players are among five people charged in a parking lot fight at an off-campus apartment complex in September.
Teammates Eric Gaines, Robert Johnson and Darius Leonard were charged Nov. 8 each with one count of disorderly conduct. Arraignments are scheduled for Dec. 2.
Gaines is a guard from Chicago. Johnson is a forward from Cleveland. Leonard is a forward from Raleigh, N.C.
University athletics department spokesman Alan Ashby says the players were suspended from the first two season competitions, a scrimmage and an exhibition.
Ashby said Wednesday the players wouldn't be available for comment.
The players don't have listed telephone numbers in the Kent, Ohio, area.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.