- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
QA Test AxE-111820101212-44
CRANBURY, N.J. (AP) - Lawyer: Bruno Mars court date postponed in Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Singer-songwriter Bruno Mars has had his Las Vegas court appearance for a cocaine charge postponed. Attorney David Chesnoff told The Associated Press the 25-year-old “Just the Way You Are” singer did not have to appear in person Thursday in a Las Vegas courtroom.
Royal wedding challenge: Make it grand, yet cheap
LONDON (AP) _ It’s a wedding planner’s nightmare. The nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton have to satisfy the bride’s family and the groom’s royal relatives _ but also a supportive but recession-weary British public. It must be grand, but not ostentatious; regal, but with a common touch; expensive but not a drain on taxpayers worried about their jobs and the nation’s fragile economy.
Emma Watson shares Hermione’s passion for learning
LONDON (AP) _ Emma Watson may be leaving Hermione Granger behind on the film set, but not in her heart _ the two share a similiar passion for learning. Watson, whose character in the Harry Potter movies made it cool to be a studious teacher’s pet, says she’s “addicted to knowledge” and motivated to keep learning while doing other film projects.
Susan Boyle simultaneously tops charts in US, UK
LONDON (AP) _ Singing sensation Susan Boyle has a No. 1 album in the United States and the U.K. simultaneously for the second time in a year _ a feat not achieved for more than 40 years. Her record label, Sony, says she is the first woman to reach the milestone achieved previously by the Beatles in 1969 and The Monkees in 1967.
Smith’s `Just Kids’ is award winner for nonfiction
NEW YORK (AP) _ The winners seemed stumped at the National Book Awards. There were few prepared speeches on Wednesday night as most recipients managed few words beyond thanking the usual suspects. Patti Smith, who has some experience before audiences, became tearful as she accepted the nonfiction prize for “Just Kids,” a bittersweet look back to New York City in the 1960s, when anything really could happen and Smith and photographer Robert Mapplethorpe were just a couple of young artists out to break the rules.
Palin book knocks Levi Johnston, `American Idol’
NEW YORK (AP) _ Sarah Palin isn’t done with Levi Johnston. And she isn’t crazy about “American Idol,” either. The former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential candidate writes in her new book that it was “disgusting” to watch Johnston, the estranged father of her grandson, exploit his sudden fame after she was chosen as U.S. Sen. John McCain’s running mate in the 2008 election. She alleges that he was absent when her daughter Bristol Palin gave birth to Tripp and that he disgraced himself by repeatedly criticizing the Palins.
Eva Longoria files for divorce from Tony Parker
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Less than four years after a storybook wedding in Paris, Eva Longoria filed court papers Wednesday to divorce basketball star Tony Parker, citing irreconcilable differences. Parker, a three-time NBA All-Star with the San Antonio Spurs, made no hint as to what caused the split between him and the star of TV’s “Desperate Housewives” during a brief meeting with a throng of reporters outside his team’s locker room about an hour before a game.
Hollywood community puts up reward after slaying
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.