- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
QA Test AxE-111820101212-44
CRANBURY, N.J. (AP) - Lawyer: Bruno Mars court date postponed in Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Singer-songwriter Bruno Mars has had his Las Vegas court appearance for a cocaine charge postponed. Attorney David Chesnoff told The Associated Press the 25-year-old “Just the Way You Are” singer did not have to appear in person Thursday in a Las Vegas courtroom.
Royal wedding challenge: Make it grand, yet cheap
LONDON (AP) _ It’s a wedding planner’s nightmare. The nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton have to satisfy the bride’s family and the groom’s royal relatives _ but also a supportive but recession-weary British public. It must be grand, but not ostentatious; regal, but with a common touch; expensive but not a drain on taxpayers worried about their jobs and the nation’s fragile economy.
Emma Watson shares Hermione’s passion for learning
LONDON (AP) _ Emma Watson may be leaving Hermione Granger behind on the film set, but not in her heart _ the two share a similiar passion for learning. Watson, whose character in the Harry Potter movies made it cool to be a studious teacher’s pet, says she’s “addicted to knowledge” and motivated to keep learning while doing other film projects.
Susan Boyle simultaneously tops charts in US, UK
LONDON (AP) _ Singing sensation Susan Boyle has a No. 1 album in the United States and the U.K. simultaneously for the second time in a year _ a feat not achieved for more than 40 years. Her record label, Sony, says she is the first woman to reach the milestone achieved previously by the Beatles in 1969 and The Monkees in 1967.
Smith’s `Just Kids’ is award winner for nonfiction
NEW YORK (AP) _ The winners seemed stumped at the National Book Awards. There were few prepared speeches on Wednesday night as most recipients managed few words beyond thanking the usual suspects. Patti Smith, who has some experience before audiences, became tearful as she accepted the nonfiction prize for “Just Kids,” a bittersweet look back to New York City in the 1960s, when anything really could happen and Smith and photographer Robert Mapplethorpe were just a couple of young artists out to break the rules.
Palin book knocks Levi Johnston, `American Idol’
NEW YORK (AP) _ Sarah Palin isn’t done with Levi Johnston. And she isn’t crazy about “American Idol,” either. The former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential candidate writes in her new book that it was “disgusting” to watch Johnston, the estranged father of her grandson, exploit his sudden fame after she was chosen as U.S. Sen. John McCain’s running mate in the 2008 election. She alleges that he was absent when her daughter Bristol Palin gave birth to Tripp and that he disgraced himself by repeatedly criticizing the Palins.
Eva Longoria files for divorce from Tony Parker
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Less than four years after a storybook wedding in Paris, Eva Longoria filed court papers Wednesday to divorce basketball star Tony Parker, citing irreconcilable differences. Parker, a three-time NBA All-Star with the San Antonio Spurs, made no hint as to what caused the split between him and the star of TV’s “Desperate Housewives” during a brief meeting with a throng of reporters outside his team’s locker room about an hour before a game.
Hollywood community puts up reward after slaying
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014