- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Spurrier has more to do to rebuild South Carolina
“We want Marcus to get as much recognition as he possibly can,” Johnson said. “Marcus makes us look, like I said, a lot better than we’ve been doing. We just want to get him as much recognition and get him as many yards as possible.”
Jeffery has 1,087 yards receiving this season, just 56 yards behind Sidney Rice’s season record set in 2005. In just 23 games, the sophomore trails South Carolina’s career receiving mark by less than 1,000 yards.
“Those guys are fantastic players,” offensive lineman Hutch Eckerson said. “They make everybody look good.”
“You’ve got to decide who you’re going to commit and stop,” Rowell said. “Are you going to deal with him or deal with those big wideouts out there?”
Along with a first SEC East title, South Carolina also can make some other history. At 7-3 with four games left to go, the Gamecocks could tie or break the school record for wins in a season at 10 set in 1984. They have won nine games in a season in just one other year, 2001.
The Gamecocks also have assured a seventh season in a row without a losing record, matching a streak from 1928 to 1934. Spurrier still isn’t ready to declare that his project to change the losing culture at South Carolina is complete.
“We don’t know for sure,” Spurrier said. “We’ll do our best to try to maintain whatever we have going when the season has ended. But as we all know, you’re usually about as good as your last game.”
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again