- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Spain to honor DC’s celebrity chef Jose Andres
Spain's Embassy in Washington says the Spanish cabinet agreed Friday to award U.S. restaurateur Jose Andres the Order of Arts and Letters medallion. The prize honors those who share Spain’s culture with the world.
Andres grew up near Barcelona and has built a small food empire in Washington that is extending to Los Angeles and Las Vegas. His eatery Jaleo is credited with popularizing the small dishes known as tapas in the United States.
Spain also will honor New York City psychiatrist Luis R. Marcos and journalist and writer Barbara Probst Solomon at a ceremony Nov. 30.
TWT Video Picks
A new report draws a clear pattern of deception at the IRS
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Tracy Porter, Jason Hatcher, Darryl Sharpton set to join Redskins
- NFL free agency: Revis, Sproles have new homes while Smith, Harrison are looking
- Senators reach deal on unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'Funny or Die' gig is beneath dignity of presidency
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again