- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Two-time Stanley Cup champion Stewart dies
Question of the Day
“Our organization is saddened by the passing of Gaye Stewart,” Brian Burke, the Maple Leafs‘ president and general manager said in a statement. “On behalf of everyone with the Maple Leafs, I extend our condolences and prayers to Gaye’s family and friends.”
The forward’s most productive season in Toronto came in 1945-46 when he scored a league-high 37 goals while leading the Maple Leafs with 52 points in 50 games. The former Toronto Marlboro also played for Chicago, Detroit, the New York Rangers and Montreal during his NHL career. He retired in 1955.
Stewart recorded 81 goals and 52 assists in 165 regular-season games for Toronto. The Ontario native had two goals and seven assists in 18 playoff games.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq