- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Georgetown tops NC State to take Charleston Classic
It looked at first as if North Carolina State’s newbies might be OK.
They pushed the pace to lead 5-0 and 15-9 early on. Gradually, Georgetown’s experience kicked in. Thompson hit a 3-pointer and Julian Vaughn an easy inside bucket to tie the game at 18.
The Wolfpack again went up 26-22 on a layup by speedy freshman Lorenzo Brown and a tip-in by Howell.
North Carolina State shook off the loss of Smith — he returned to campus after injuring his knee in Thursday’s game — and blew past East Carolina and George Mason by double-digit margins.
But when pressed, the Wolfpack’s young players couldn’t maintain their composure. They rushed shots and, while they ran with abandon, did not play with direction.
C.J. Leslie, a freshman who keyed North Carolina State’s first two wins, had only 2 points after halftime.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again