- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Wizards lose to Pistons in overtime
Washington only scored 17 points in the first quarter, but came alive against the Pistons‘ backup in the second. The Wizards hit eight of their first nine shots and finished the quarter with 38 points to take a 55-52 lead.
Detroit cut it to 78-77 after three, but Washington took advantage of the same matchups that had given them the big second quarter. The Wizards were up 96-89 with 5:17 to go, but Villanueva answered with his fourth 3-pointer of the game.
Five straight points from Andray Blatche put the Wizards up 102-98 with 1:40 left, but Villanueva’s block led to his tying layup with 20.9 seconds to go. Blatche had an open 3-pointer at the buzzer, but missed to set up overtime.
NOTES: The Pistons had to stop a promotion involving their mascot and a frozen turkey when the thawing bird dripped water in several parts of the floor. … Arenas and McGee had double-doubles by the end of the third quarter. … Several Pistons greeted Saunders — their former coach — before the game, although Ben Wallace did not. … Detroit’s Austin Daye didn’t play after starting the last two games.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again