- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
- College group’s diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald’s
- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after ‘indication’ of Malaysian jet crash
- Vertical Group trader jumps in front of commuter train: report
- Brazilian goalkeeper who ordered girlfriend’s murder may be released to play soccer
- Harlem explosion death toll rises to 7; some still missing
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Gaza militants offer Israel cease-fire of rocket blasts
Kansas will go for 63rd straight home win
“Sometimes it gets so loud,” former Kansas guard Ryan Robertson once said, “you can’t feel your feet hit the floor.”
Not every win during the streak has been a runaway. There was a 76-72 overtime squeaker against Arizona, a 5-point win over Cornell and a 66-61 scare against Colorado, to name a few.
“There have been numerous games where we could have easily gone the other way,” said Self. “I really think the fieldhouse and the fans _ things that were external from the players _ had a lot to do with giving us the energy to pull those games out.”
Lesser players would never have won 62 in a row in any building.
Still, it’s a special place.
“I don’t know _ there’s just something about it,” said senior guard Tyrel Reed. “When we come to the fieldhouse, I don’t feel like we can be beat. It doesn’t matter who we’re playing. I don’t care if it’s an NBA team, we’d come out here and play hard.”
Senior guard Mario Little recalls the first time he ran through the tunnel.
“There were all these people screaming, and for me? I didn’t really get it. But I get it now. It’s just a different feeling to run out of the tunnel and all the fans are chanting your name and rooting you on. It’s a different feeling.”
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again