- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Newton, Luck and Moore are Maxwell finalists
Cam Newton of Auburn, Andrew Luck of Stanford and Kellen Moore of Boise State are the finalists for the Maxwell Award, which goes to the best player in college football, and the Davey O’Brien Award, which honors the top quarterback.
The finalists for several college football awards were announced Monday.
The finalists for the Thorpe Award, which goes to the top defensive back, are Peterson, Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara and TCU safety Tejay Johnson.
The kickers who are finalists for the Lou Groza Award are Notre Dame’s David Ruffer, Oklahoma State’s Dan Bailey and Southern Mississippi’s Danny Hrapmannn.
The punters up for the Ray Guy Award are Chas Henry of Florida, Ryan Donahue of Iowa and Drew Butler of Georgia.
Finalists for the Mackey Award, which goes to the best tight end, are Missouri’s Michael Egnew, Wisconsin’s Lance Kendricks and Arkansas’ D.J. Williams.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again