- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
AP Source: Titans QB told not needed for meeting
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - A person familiar with the situation says Titans quarterback Vince Young has been told he didn't need to attend a team meeting a day after storming out of the stadium.
Young has not been banned from the team's headquarters, the person told The Associated Press Tuesday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly on Young's situation.
The Tennessean, citing unidentified sources, reported Young was in the training room Monday when he was asked to leave the facility by the quarterbacks coach.
The quarterback needs season-ending surgery on his right thumb and the Titans are placing Young on injured reserve.
Young and coach Jeff Fisher had a heated exchange after Young tossed his pads into the stands following Sunday's loss.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Eric Holder on Palin: 'She wasn't a particularly good vice presidential candidate'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs