- Associated Press - Tuesday, November 23, 2010

LOS ANGELES (AP) - New York City police are investigating a harassment claim against Charlie Sheen made by a woman found locked in the actor’s hotel bathroom last month.

Capri Anderson filed a complaint Monday in connection to the incident. She told police that Sheen put his hands around her throat during the evening. She broke free and hid in the bathroom.

The actor was briefly hospitalized Oct. 26 after security reported he was disorderly and had broken furniture in his room.

Police will question Sheen at some point during the investigation, but it’s not clear when. No charges have been filed.

Sheen has filed an extortion claim against the woman, saying she threatened to meet with authorities if he didn’t pay $1 million. Her attorney did not return calls seeking comment.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.

LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Roughly a month after a wild night that left a New York hotel room in tatters and sent Charlie Sheen to the hospital, the drama continues.

A woman found locked in the bathroom of Sheen’s suite last month said in a nationally televised interview Monday that the actor used racial slurs and put his hands around her throat during the raucous evening in late October. Within hours, Sheen sued Capri Anderson claiming her version of events was a fabrication and that she sought $1 million from him to remain quiet.

Sheen’s filing pre-empted a lawsuit Anderson said she planned to file against the actor alleging battery and false imprisonment. She also said in an appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America” that she would file a report with New York City police.

Her attorney, Keith Davidson, did not return calls and e-mails seeking comment Monday evening.

The dueling allegations ensure that Sheen’s life will remain the subject of court hearings, as it has for most of the year.

The “Two and a Half Men” star pleaded guilty in August to assaulting his wife on Christmas Day in Aspen, Colo. He was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management.

He was briefly hospitalized Oct. 26 after security at the luxury Plaza Hotel reported he was disorderly and had broken furniture in his room. He voluntarily went with authorities for a psychiatric evaluation and was released from the hospital the same day. His publicist, Stan Rosenfield, said at the time that Sheen had an adverse reaction to medication.

Sheen was not arrested, and the incident had no impact on the Colorado case. Sheen’s lawsuit claims Anderson threatened to travel to meet with the district attorney in Aspen if he did not pay her $1 million.

The lawsuit also claims Anderson dropped the demand to $500,000 on the eve of taping the “GMA” interview to remain quiet.

Story Continues →