- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
Palin publisher says Gawker lawsuit is settled
Alleging copyright infringement, HarperCollins sued Gawker on Friday for posting leaked images from Palin’s “America by Heart,” which went on sale Tuesday. Gawker pulled the images over the weekend after a federal judge granted HarperCollins an injunction pending a Nov. 30 hearing.
According to the publisher, which had sought financial damages, Gawker has agreed to keep the images off of its website. HarperCollins declined to give further details of the settlement, but said in a statement Tuesday that it was “gratified.”
“HarperCollins does welcome public commentary on its books so long as any book content is utilized in a manner that is consistent with the law,” the publisher said.
Gawker did not immediately respond to phone and e-mail requests for comment late Tuesday.
“America by Heart” is Palin’s first book since the million-selling “Going Rogue” and she has just started a promotional tour. For much of Tuesday, the new book was No. 10 on Amazon.com’s best-seller list.
Palin, the former governor of Alaska, was the vice-presidential candidate on the Republican ticket in 2008.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Sheryl Sandberg, Beyonce are bossy women trying to ban bossy from our vocabulary
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- As Ukraine crisis simmers, U.S. transport planes heading to Poland
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014