- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
Panthers ink S Alexander; Null to practice squad
ORSI CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - The Carolina Panthers have shored up their banged-up secondary by signing safety Gerald Alexander and have added yet another quarterback to the practice squad.
The Panthers waived receiver Devin Thomas Tuesday to make room for Alexander, a Boise State product who was Detroit's second-round pick in 2007. Reserve safeties Jordan Pugh and Marcus Hudson are injured.
Keith Null becomes the latest Carolina QB as linebacker Sean Ware was placed on the practice squad injured reserve. Null started four games last season as a rookie with St. Louis and threw three touchdowns and nine interception.
The Panthers are hoping Jimmy Clausen will be cleared this week following a concussion. Last week's starter, Brian St. Pierre, complained of a sore shoulder on Monday.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014