- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
The drill hole 530 feet deep into the mine broke through the mine’s main tunnel roof, causing “hot air and gases to rush up,” Pike River Coal Ltd. Chairman John Dow said.
Holloway’s mom accepts investigation finding
ORANJESTAD | A lawyer for Natalee Holloway’s mother says she accepts the conclusions from authorities in Aruba, who say the jawbone that was found on a beach there does not belong to the missing Alabama teenager.
Dutch investigators compared the lone tooth on the bone with dental records, and say it couldn’t have come from the girl who disappeared during a high school graduation trip to Aruba in 2005.
Panel recommends return of 7 works
VIENNA | A panel has recommended that seven paintings by Austrian artists contained in a prestigious Vienna art collection be returned because they were either seized by the Nazis or given up against the will of their Jewish owners.
The paintings — five by Egon Schiele of the 20th century and two by Anton Romako, a 19th-century artist — belong to the Leopold Museum Private Foundation.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.