- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Leyva hired for Hurdle’s Pirates staff
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Former Phillies manager Nick Leyva has joined the Pirates’ staff as new manager Clint Hurdle’s third base coach.
Leyva was the Blue Jays’ bench coach last season after spending two seasons as the third base coach. He will also coach the infielders.
Pitching coach Ray Searage and bench coach Jeff Banister were retained from former manager John Russell’s staff. Both took their jobs at midseason.
Gregg Ritchie, the minor league hitting coach for five seasons, was promoted to the major league staff. Luis Silverio, who spent 35 seasons in the Royals’ organization, will be the first base coach, plus the outfield and baserunning coach.
Euclides Rojas will be the bullpen coach. Mark Strittmatter will be a major league coach who works in various roles.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.