- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
Leyva hired for Hurdle’s Pirates staff
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Former Phillies manager Nick Leyva has joined the Pirates’ staff as new manager Clint Hurdle’s third base coach.
Leyva was the Blue Jays’ bench coach last season after spending two seasons as the third base coach. He will also coach the infielders.
Pitching coach Ray Searage and bench coach Jeff Banister were retained from former manager John Russell’s staff. Both took their jobs at midseason.
Gregg Ritchie, the minor league hitting coach for five seasons, was promoted to the major league staff. Luis Silverio, who spent 35 seasons in the Royals’ organization, will be the first base coach, plus the outfield and baserunning coach.
Euclides Rojas will be the bullpen coach. Mark Strittmatter will be a major league coach who works in various roles.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky being held by east Ukraine militants: report
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.