- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Obama calls troops before Thanksgiving feast
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Obama is celebrating a quiet Thanksgiving at the White House, telephoning U.S. servicemen and women stationed around the world and dining on his favorite holiday food with family and friends.
The White House says Mr. Obama made calls thanking two members each from the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy for their service and sacrifice. He wished them and their families a happy Thanksgiving, before joining his own for the holiday.
The president, his wife Michelle and their daughters Malia and Sasha are celebrating at the White House. They were expecting family, friends and staff to join them for a dinner of turkey, ham, potatoes - sweet and mashed - green bean casserole and macaroni and cheese.
Dessert was to include six varieties of pie: apple, pumpkin, sweet potato, banana cream, cherry and huckleberry.
The president’s favorite is said to be pumpkin.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow