- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Dodgers and RHP Garland agree to $5M, 1-year deal
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Los Angeles Dodgers and free agent pitcher Jon Garland have agreed to a $5 million, one-year contract that includes a club option and could be worth $16 million over two seasons.
The right-hander went 14-12 with a 3.47 ERA in 200 innings for the San Diego Padres last year.
In 2009, Garland played for Arizona and Los Angeles and went 11-12 with a 4.01 ERA. He was acquired by Los Angeles on Aug. 31, 2009, for infielder Tony Abreu and went 3-2 with a 2.72 ERA in six start for the Dodgers.
Garland can make $3 million in performance bonuses next year. Los Angeles has an $8 million team option for 2012 that could become guaranteed depending on his 2011 performance.
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors