- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Giants, SS Miguel Tejada agree to 1-year deal
Question of the Day
Tejada batted .269 with 15 home runs, 26 doubles and 71 RBIs between his two clubs in 2010.
The 36-year-old slugger spent the first seven of his 14 major league seasons across San Francisco Bay as a fan favorite with the Oakland Athletics, winning the 2002 AL MVP award in his second-to-last year with the A’s. He left for the Baltimore Orioles after the 2003 season and also has played for Houston.
The Padres declined to offer Tejada salary arbitration last week.
So, finding a reliable replacement in a timely fashion was among general manager Brian Sabean’s top priorities.
The Giants last week brought back first baseman Aubrey Huff on a $22 million, two-year contract. Sabean is trying to keep as much of his roster intact to make another deep postseason run in 2011. San Francisco won the city’s first title since moving West in 1958, beating the Texas Rangers in five games.
Associated Press writer Dionisio Soldevila in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, contributed to this report.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq