- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
US midfielder Jones sent to Schalke reserve team
After the loss, Magath said changes were necessary.
He has already cut the players’ Christmas vacation to five days and has been starting morning training one hour earlier, at 9 a.m.
The loss in Kaiserslautern left Schalke (3-7-4) in 15th place with 13 points, only three points more than last-place Borussia Moenchengladbach (2-8-4), the team of American midfielder Michael Bradley. Schalke was runner-up in the league last season, in Magath’s first year at the club.
“I had and still have much higher expectations from Felix Magath than avoiding relegation,” club chief Clemens Toennies told Bild newspaper.
Schalke is home Saturday against Bayern Munich.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again