- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Fire at historic Majestic Theater in Ohio
Question of the Day
CHILLICOTHE, OHIO (AP) - Officials say a fire during a gospel performance forced the evacuation of the historic Majestic Theater in Chillicothe (chi-li-KAH’-thee).
The Chillicothe Gazette reported a curtain caught fire at about 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the theater that dates to the 1850s.
Aaron Crisler, spokesman for Nashville, Tenn.-based gospel singers The Nelons, said the group had just begun their first song when a fire alarm sounded.
Crisler said Kelly Nelon Clark, her husband Jason Clark and daughter Amber Nelon Thompson credited members of the group Beyond the Ashes for helping them to escape the blaze. He said the three members of The Nelons, three singers from Beyond the Ashes and a member of their management team were treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation and released.
The Majestic Theater has hosted many legendary entertainers, including Laurel and Hardy, Milton Berle and Sophie Tucker.
A Chillicothe fire official said no official cause of the fire had been determined.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world