- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Stafford hurts right shoulder again
DETROIT (AP) - Matthew Stafford’s return to the lineup lasted less than two games.
The Detroit quarterback hurt his right shoulder again late in his team’s 23-20 overtime loss to the New York Jets on Sunday.
With the Lions leading 20-10, Stafford was tackled trying to scramble deep in his own territory and landed on the shoulder. He separated the same shoulder in the season opener and missed the next five games, not returning until last week’s win over Washington.
It’s not clear how serious this latest injury is.
“He’s very sore,” coach Jim Schwartz said. “We took enough time with it that we thought that, any re-injury would be a new injury. We’ll see where he is with that.”
Stafford, the No. 1 pick in last year’s draft, headed to the sideline with 5:19 to play Sunday and was replaced by Drew Stanton. Stafford threw for two touchdowns and ran for one before hurting himself.
“That was a tough situation because he had green grass in front of him and had his chance to break out of there and run,” Schwartz said. “But some of those plays we just need to throw it away. We didn’t want to throw incomplete passes in those situations. He ran it.”
Backup Shaun Hill has been recovering from a broken arm three weeks ago against the New York Giants, which is why Stanton was pressed into service as the game slipped away.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Ga. judge won't stop new Vidalia onion rule
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.